We’re happy to announce we’re looking for bright and creative spirits to add to the BEY team for the Fall season! As a Fall Intern, you will need to be excited and eager to jump into a variety of projects. We’re looking for someone with a nice balance of both left + right brain.
This is an unpaid position. A paid position after the internship is not guaranteed. The 3 month internship will take place from September through November and culminate with attendance at BEY’s holiday workshop.
the experience ::
- go behind-the-scenes of a wedding editorial shoot
- learn about furniture care (hands-on refinishing, upholstery and more!)
- shop on location with BEY (explore favorite haunts + new finds)
the commitment ::
- Onsite with BEY 1 full day a week (6-8hrs). Dates to be scheduled.
- Available for weekly video call to touch base and discuss weekly projects
- 2-4 hours for weekly projects/assignments (completed on your own time)
some of the tasks you’ll may be helping with ::
- assisting with photo shoots for new inventory
- maintaining our inventory + industry professional database
- updating/maintaining website
- organizing, editing, resizing digital inventory images
- assisting with furniture refinishing projects
- assisting with beginner level upholstery projects
- organizing BEY warehouse
- general errands (gas reimbursed)
- assisting with editorial photo shoots and marketing events
- assisting in creating new projects + ideas
things that are a must ::
- live in the Atlanta area
- have a personal laptop
- internet + social media savviness and etiquette
- good communication skills (written + verbal)
- great attitude!
- must love antiques!
- behind-the-scenes look at the ins and outs of running a creative business
- exposure to Atlanta’s creative community
- valuable furniture care skills
- antique buying tips and sources
- school credit, if applicable
If this sounds like the perfect fit for you, email hello(at)blueeyedyonder(dot)com with a little bit about yourself + resume and anything else you might want me to see. Please include “BEY Fall Intern” in your email subject line.
We can’t wait to hear from you!
Our Pick With A Pro Retreat is hands down one of the BEST weekends of the entire year (it might even top Christmas – I kid you not). Miles and miles of antiques – furniture, china, architectural salvage, collectibles and curiosities. The best part? The deals! I seriously get spoiled each year.
Last year I was joined by the most amazing group of individuals! Not only did we swap pickin’ stories, share tips and tricks, and laugh until our sides hurt, we all became such good friends. To this day we still keep in touch. We had CAMPer from Georgia all the way to California – the World’s Longest Yardsale has something for everybody.
We kicked the retreat off with a down-home style low-country boil out on the lawn over looking the lake. It was a great time to relax and get to know one another better. Everyone turned in kinda early to prepare for our early morning pickin’ adventures – we hit the road bright and early in search of the best deals and awesome loot!
We covered miles and miles of the Tennesee countryside – plundering through old barns, large fields, roadside stands and front yards along the 127 Corridor. It was great seeing all of the amazing finds and unbelievable deals everyone was finding. Everyone got a chance to brush up on their haggling skills and we would swap stories in between each stop. At the end of the day, all of the CAMPers would spread out their loot for everyone to get a look. It was so cool to see everyone’s style and tastes through their purchases. There were definitely some “Oh-my-gosh-how-did-I-miss-that” moments.
What’s a retreat without a swag bag full of goodies? All of the CAMPers left with an awesome camp-inspired swag bag – vintage style CAMP pennant, CAMP mini-pillow, and even a handmade flannel throw. A big thanks to our swag bag contributors: Yours Is The Earth, Meredith Mejerle, Fallen Arrows!
Visit the Pick With A Pro website to grab your spot for this year’s retreat, August 7th-10th. It’s an adventure you’ll be talking about for years to come.
A huge thanks to the darling Tricia Lee Photography for joining us on this adventure and capturing all of our fun treasures and new friendships.
We were recently given the most wonderful privilege of playing dress up with some of Carol Hannah‘s new threads and it was glorious. Inspired by the old French dressmakers of fairy tales past, The Sentimentalist styled this shoot to embody all that the old country has to offer. Spindles and lace and dress forms, oh my.
Set behind the scenes at the stunning Amy Osaba studios, we paired these exposed walls in all their old glory with the newest handmade gowns by Carol Hannah. In the light of a garden and the feel of a palace, these dresses shine bright in the studio and even brighter in our hearts. What a blessed bride who’d get to don one of these on her special day.
We’ve stepped out of the old world and into the new having lost nothing but a little time. The air of classic French elegance is in full bloom with these florals by Amy Osaba, the personal stylings of Claudia Mejerle, and the most exquisite lettering by Ashley Buzzy McHugh. Beauty truly does stand the test of time, especially with a little help from your friends.
We hope you’ve enjoyed these photographs as much as we do. Check out Weddings Unveiled to see more!
Venue: Amy Osaba Studio | Styling & Wardrobe: The Sentimentalist | Photographer: Rustic White Photography | Florals: Amy Osaba Events | Hair & Makeup: Claudia Mejerle | Vintage Rentals: Blue Eyed Yonder | Calligraphy: Ashley Buzzy McHugh