I love the tangy flavor of lemon in desserts. I’ve been wanting to make a dessert with lemon and blueberries, so I decided to give this Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake a try. I popped this in the oven while Mr. Blue Eyed Yonder was outside working on new pavers for our patio. I knew he would love to walk into the house and smell this in the oven.
Any recipe that directs you to poke holes in the top so it can absorb the yummy, sugary glaze – you know you’ve got a winner.
This cake is SUPER moist and has a nice tangy top crust. I walked outside to give Mr. BEY a taste test. He started talking as I popped a big bite in his mouth and it sounded something like this. “Is that a blueberry — Mmmmmmmm!”
Guess that pretty much sums it up. Blueberry Mmmmmmmm.
1/2 cup butter, softened 1 cup sugar 2 eggs, well beaten 1 tbsp. lemon juice 2 tbsp. lemon peel 1 1/2 cup sifted flour 1/2 tsp. salt 1 tbsp. baking powder 1/2 cup milk 1 1/2 cup blueberries
Cream butter in 1 cup sugar. Add eggs and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Mix well. Sift flour, salt and baking powder. Add alternately with milk to creamed mixture. Stir in lemon peel and blueberries. Bake in well greased loaf pan at 325 degrees for 1 hour or until golden brown.
1/3 cup lemon juice 1/2 cup sugar 3 tbsp. powered sugar
Mix lemon juice and sugar – use a toothpick to make holes in top of cake and drizzle lemon glaze over warm cake.
Our one-of-a-kind products are for rent, not for sale. To make the quote request process easy and fun, we’ve designed a way for you to create a wishlist.
To create a wishlist, follow these instructions:
1) Browse for items you’re intrerested in renting.
2) Click the ‘Add to your wishlist’ button when you find something you like.
3) Once you’ve added all the items you’d like us to quote for you, click ‘wishlist’ (top right of the site).
4) Make sure you’ve included everything you like, adjust the quantities as needed, and click ‘submit’.
5) We’ll ask for a little information from you and get in touch once your quote is complete.
6) You’ll receive a confirmation of your request via email.