Yesterday brought torrential rains and endless clouds in the sky and I could think of nothing better to warm the soul than a bowl of broccoli cheddar soup and crusty herb bread.
Now for the soup I didn’t do anything fancy. I have to admit it was from a mix, all I did was add two heads of sauteed broccolini. It gives it a more hearty taste and livens it up a little.
Let’s be honest… the real show stopper of this meal was the crusty herb bread. I saw this recipe on Joy the Baker, and have been dying to try it ever since. It’s super easy and SUPER yummy.
Just whip up the buttery spread…
Don’t be shy, you can’t put too much of this stuff. Trust me.
Throw it in the oven until it is golden brown and smelling delicious. When you pull it out of the oven it will look something like this…
If you make this bread, don’t try and be all hoity-toity and just nibble on a little piece. Go ahead, eat like no one’s looking. Don’t stop to wipe your fingers or dab at the crumbs on your face, just stuff it in there. Then go snuggle on your couch and listen to the rain fall. The end.
Place rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F.
On a clean cutting board, use a fork to mash together softened butter, garlic, and chopped parsley. Once incorporated, drizzle the olive oil over the butter mixture and work in the olive oil. Add the parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and incorporate with the fork.
Slice baguette into thick slices, not slicing all the way through the loaf, but keeping the slices connected. Spread parsley butter in between bread slices. Wrap baguette in foil and bake for 10 minutes, or until butter is melted and fragrant.
Our one-of-a-kind products are for rent, not for sale. To make the quote request process easy and fun, we’ve designed a way for you to create a wishlist.
To create a wishlist, follow these instructions:
1) Browse for items you’re intrerested in renting.
2) Click the ‘Add to your wishlist’ button when you find something you like.
3) Once you’ve added all the items you’d like us to quote for you, click ‘wishlist’ (top right of the site).
4) Make sure you’ve included everything you like, adjust the quantities as needed, and click ‘submit’.
5) We’ll ask for a little information from you and get in touch once your quote is complete.
6) You’ll receive a confirmation of your request via email.