A little while back I finally made the cut and donated my hair to Pantene’s Locks of Love. After seeing Lesley’s post on Dada salon, I knew I just had to give them a try. I browsed through their rave reviews on yelp and read lots of great things about all of their stylists. (I couldn’t decide which stylist to request, so I counted up who had the most mentions. Yeah, I’m real technical like that, ha!)
Based on my uber duber scientific method, I chose Marie. It’s actually quite funny how things worked out, Marie couldn’t have been a more perfect choice.
I wanted to go in for a consultation to see what she might recommend, but thought, geez, am I being a little too high maintenance? So I decided to just forget about the consult. When I gave her a call to make the appointment, Marie actually suggested that I come in for a consult. “It’s a big change, you should feel good about it.” – I knew right then she and I would hit it off.
She’s the brightest ball of sunshine. You can’t help but be in a good mood while you’re around her. Her fun, quirky outfits make me smile and that girl knows how to rock some amazing shoes. She keeps it real and is not afraid to tell you the truth (which I love). For example, she promised me I wouldn’t walk out of there with a “mom bob”. Did I mention she was a hoot?
Da-da in a nutshell
1. Small, cozy environment. You won’t find hundreds of stuffy looking stylists all dressed in black here.
2. Independent stylists working under one roof. No receptionists here. They all schedule, greet, cut, color, and check out their own guests.
3. Wine, beer and other sipsters. You’ll feel at home here. The stylists chip in to provide guests with a little refreshment during their visit.
4. Italian hair products line. If this stuff were edible, I would totally eat it. Smells so divine.
5. Free Hair-cuts. When you donate your hair, Marie will cut it for free.
6. Communication. Need to reach your stylist? Shoot them a text, drop them an email, just like having a new best friend.
7. Industrial Chic. The atmosphere has an urban vibe, but you will find little vintage touches throughout the salon.
8. Music. No blaring techno over the sound of blowdryers here. I almost felt like they had my ipod on shuffle; like being at my favorite coffee shop.
9. Baby disco ball. C’mon, who doesn’t like a disco ball?
10. Happy Hair, Happy Heart. All of the ladies here are so hip and genuine. There’s no way you’d leave feeling anything less than happy.
So here is my long, no wait… loooooooooooooooong hair.
Littlest sister was with me and actually made the big cut! Here we’re just goofin’ off beforehand.
And here’s the new do, all short and bangy! Love it!
Do you have a stylist that you’re just goo-goo for?
Our one-of-a-kind products are for rent, not for sale. To make the quote request process easy and fun, we’ve designed a way for you to create a wishlist.
To create a wishlist, follow these instructions:
1) Browse for items you’re intrerested in renting.
2) Click the ‘Add to your wishlist’ button when you find something you like.
3) Once you’ve added all the items you’d like us to quote for you, click ‘wishlist’ (top right of the site).
4) Make sure you’ve included everything you like, adjust the quantities as needed, and click ‘submit’.
5) We’ll ask for a little information from you and get in touch once your quote is complete.
6) You’ll receive a confirmation of your request via email.