I totally plastered my walls with loads of vintage Shiny Brite ornament boxes and smothered my tree in silvery tinsel. It’s the brightest, shiniest, happiest Christmas this house has ever seen!
I hung my very own vintage stockings by the chimney with care. (When you’re thirty, I’m pretty sure your handmade childhood stocking classifies as ‘vintage’.)
Now, for the real retro action… ding!
I set the tree ablaze with tons of terrific colored lights. Big colored bulbs and even a few strands of vintage bubble lights. (You know, these guys.)
I’ve always been a ‘white light girl’. I don’t know what came over me this year. I guess I was feeling brave and just wanted something colorful and over the top, something a little outside of my comfort zone. I’ve been collecting Shiny Brite ornaments at flea markets and yard sales and wanted a way to debut them in style! I had no idea how many I had until I started unpacking them all. I love them! (And I may be just a little bit addicted.)
So I went big. I went bold. And I think I ended up with the cheeriest living room ever! It’s totally normal to keep it up all year, right?
Photos by Blue Eyed Yonder
Do you have any photos of your Christmas decor? I’d love to see what your neck of the woods looks like this time of year. Post a link in the comments section or feel free to post pics to the Blue Eyed Yonder Facebook Page.
So you’d like to rent some vintage items. We’d love to help. Let’s make a wishlist!
Our one-of-a-kind products are for rent, not for sale. To make the quote request process easy and fun, we’ve designed a way for you to create a wishlist.
To create a wishlist, follow these instructions:
1) Browse for items you’re intrerested in renting.
2) Click the ‘Add to your wishlist’ button when you find something you like.
3) Once you’ve added all the items you’d like us to quote for you, click ‘wishlist’ (top right of the site).
4) Make sure you’ve included everything you like, adjust the quantities as needed, and click ‘submit’.
5) We’ll ask for a little information from you and get in touch once your quote is complete.
6) You’ll receive a confirmation of your request via email.